Do you regularly take apart complex systems just to see how they work? Do you find yourself daydreaming about how to better design everyday items for increased performance and ease of use? Do you a hacker mentality? If so, we want you as part of our engineering team.
At CATALOG, we are building an engineering team of makers, creators, and innovators to design, prototype, and build a first of its kind, DNA storage and computation platform. We are currently looking for world-class mechanical engineers who have a passion for automation, iterative design, and prototyping to join as early members of our engineering team.
Could you be the missing piece of our puzzle? You should thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, contributing to innovative solutions while demonstrating competence and attention to detail.
What you want:
- Constantly challenged to think of novel solutions to complex problems
- Be a part of a diverse and inclusive work family – one that you never thought you’d have
- Continually learn as part of your job
- Creative freedom to solve a dynamic set of difficult problems
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilizing the full spectrum of the design, analysis, test, and manufacturing tools to create efficient components and subassemblies
- Designing, prototyping, and testing systems to de-risk key technical hurdles
- Collaborating with internal and external teams of hardware and software engineers, biologists, and chemists to dream up and prototype instruments and processes for DNA writing, reading, and computing
- Contributing your own observations and previous experience to a team of open-minded researchers trying to tackle challenging problems
- Using your preternatural ability to analyze trade-offs in design while evaluating constraints from multiple perspectives
What we need:
- At least B.S. Engineering (Mechanical Engineering or closely related field) higher degree a plus
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing automated systems
- 2+ years of experience working with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD packages
- Experience with prototype manufacturing, FMEA, process engineering, and design for manufacturability techniques
What we want:
- Previous medical device/industrial systems/robotics development experience with a particular interest in automated systems
- Someone who meets deadlines in the face of challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work productively in an interdisciplinary environment
- Ability to identify problems and drive issue resolutions/improvements
- Familiarity with microcontrollers and circuit design
A career at CATALOG will challenge you to work independently, think critically, and conquer new problems in an unexplored and groundbreaking field.